Are you passionate about helping small business in our community?
Thunder Bay Ventures (TBV) delivers the Community Futures Program, a Government of Canada initiative. TBV provides programs and services that support, empower and grow small businesses in our community. In collaboration with community partners, TBV also provides community economic development and strategic planning.
Thunder Bay Ventures is seeking a dynamic self-starter individual to join our team as a Financial Administrator.
Key Functions & Duties
- Under the direct supervision of the General Manager, the Financial Administrator is responsible for performing financial and administrative services for the organization’s day to day operations.
- Within our mandate guidelines, collaborate with management to deliver the Community Futures Program to meet financial, reporting and program obligations.
- Within our mandate guidelines, collaborate with management and stakeholders to deliver Community Economic Development projects.
- Other Duties as required.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- In collaboration with management and the treasurer of the board prepare yearly operating budgets and other budgets as required.
- Working in Sage 50, responsible for accurate and timely completion of the organization’s day to day accounting to year end audit readiness.
- accounts payable, fund and bank account reconciliations.
- Bank Deposits and processing client loan payments through our bank platform.
- Prepare and maintain all payroll and employee benefits functions.
- Issue T4s and T4As.
- Responsible for preparation and submission of reporting requirements.
- Enter client information statistics and amortization schedules into client management system (such as Faasbank etc.)
- Liaise with insurance agencies, accountants and/or financial institutions.
- Attend and participate in staff and other meetings as required.
- Respond to new and potential client inquiries.
- Other duties as required.
What you bring to the role
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in accounting, commerce or finance, relevant field or equivalent experience.
- Able to work independently while consistently presenting a professional attitude and demonstrating excellent critical thinking skills, interpersonal skills, multitasking skills, prioritizing skills, sound judgement and strict confidentiality.
- Understanding of relevant legislation and accounting policies and principles.
- Strong Financial analytical skills.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills including the ability to make effective oral presentations.
- Proficient computer skills including Sage 50, Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
- Ability to represent the organization in a positive and professional manner.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle while at work.
- Passion, motivation and focus
- Strong attention to detail
- Presentation Skills
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills
- Strong time management and collaboration
Please submit your cover letter and resume.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000 -$50,000 per year, plus Benefits
Due to the number of responses, only qualified candidates who meet the requirements of the job will be selected for an interview.
Funding provided by the Federal and Economic Development Agency for Northern Ontario